Certified Professional Ethical Hacker | Course Outlines
BENEFITS OF CPTS COURSE
Certified Professional Ethical Hacker graduates would have obtained real world security knowledge that will enable them to recognize vulnerabilities, expose system weaknesses and help safeguard against threats. Graduates will learn the art of Ethical Hacking, but with a professional edge (Penetration Testing).
PEH is built upon proven hands-on Penetration Testing methodologies as utilized by our international group of vulnerability consultants. Mile2 trainers keep abreast of their expertise by practicing what they teach because we believe that an equal emphasis on theoretical and real world experience is essential for effective knowledge transfer to you, the student. The PEH training presents information on the latest vulnerabilities and defenses. This class also enhances the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls appropriate to the business needs in order to reduce business risk. We go far beyond simply teaching you to “Hack” -- the norm with the classes that have been available until now. Our course is developed based on principles and methods used by malicious hackers, but its focus is professional penetration testing and securing information assets.
Upon completion, PEH students will be able to confidently undertake the Thompson Prometric CPTS examination (recommended) or the Certified Ethical Hacker examination (312-50) Self Study. Students will enjoy an in-depth course that is continuously updated to maintain and incorporate the ever changing security environment. This course offers up-to-date proprietary laboratories that have been researched and developed by leading security professionals from around the world.
Module 1: Security Fundamentals
Module 2: Access Controls
Module 3: Protocols
Module 4: Network Attack and Defense
Module 5: Cryptography
Module 6: Economics and Law
Module 7: Reconnaissance
Module 8: Scanning and Enumeration
Module 9: Gaining Access/Exploitation
Module 10: Maintaining Access
Module 11: Covering Your Tracks
Module 12: Malware
Module 13: Buffer Overflows
Module 14: Password Cracking Attacks
Module 15: Denial of Service
Module 16: Attacking WebTechnologies and Databases
Module 17: Attacking Wireless Devices
OBJECTIVE OF LABORATORY SCENARIOS
This is an intensive hands-on class; rather than spend too much time installing 300 tools, our focus will be on the Pen Testing model. The latest Pen Testing Tools and methods will be taught. Laboratories change weekly as new methods are found. We will be using many different tools from GUI to command line. As we work through structured attacks, we try and cover tools for both Windows and Linux systems.
LIVE VIRTUAL TRAINING is the newest offering from Mile2 – live class from anywhere in the world!
* Live Presentations with Powerful functionality that delivers easy viewing of slides and other documents, shared Internet access, virtual whiteboard, and a media center all through an easy-to-use toolbar.
* Application, file, and desktop sharing enables you to view live demonstrations.
* Dedicated high spec remote PC per student with full access as if you are sitting in-front of the PC in the classroom.
* Instructor views each students session when you perform your hands on labs, the instructor can access your remote system to demonstrate and assist while you sit back to absorb the classroom style mentoring you expect.
* Public and private text chat allows for increased interactivity between students and instructor.